Past, Present, and Future: Medicare
The U.S. created Medicare, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people sixty-five years of age and older in obtaining healthcare services.
- Summarize the legislation that introduced Medicare and the funding source for the program.
- Discuss some of the changes that have occurred in the Medicare program since its inception.
- Describe the demographics of the population covered by Medicare and identify the number of people in the U.S. covered by Medicare.
- Assess how changes in Medicare will affect the citizens and legal residents in your state. Include specific demographic information on age, race, income, etc., for your state to justify your response.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. (2015). CMS program history. Retrieved
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. (2015). The Affordable Care Act &
Medicare. Retrieved from https://www.medicare.gov/about-us/affordable-
- Present your response in a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.