Select 1 of the following disorders:
- Major depressive disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Focus the discussion on the following:
- What are some of the symptoms?
- What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Based on your research, do you think the media has portrayed the disorder you selected in an unbiased manner or is it sensationalized? Support your answer.
- Discuss 1 effective treatment approach for the disorder you selected. Support your answer with research.
You may also research the psychological disorders, by reviewing an electronic version of the DSM-5 in CTU’s library. For more information on accessing the DSM-5 in the library please review How to Access DSM-5 and/or watch this video.