Hi I need two things. First is discussion post. I need between 150 and 200 words. I don’t need cover page. Please use the subject heading of the post to indicate what post is going to be about. Description is under 1.
Second assignment is connection paper please see under 2 explanation. Thank you
- 1. Serpell and Haynes (2001)
In the chapter, Serpell and Haynes (2001) argues that the same practice of intelligence testing in American societies may have negative effects when exporting to African societies. That is, rather than enhance precision and efficiency, exporting intelligence testing may distort aspects of education.
- How can exporting intelligence testing from Western cultures to a different culture (i.e., African, Middle Eastern) affect education and learning in that culture? Do you think different cultures require different measuring techniques to measure intelligence in educational systems?
- Why would an African society want to consider importing the Western cultural practice of intelligence testing?
- How can various culture characteristics affect how intelligence testing is regarded? For instance, how might an individualistic vs. collectivistic culture influence the establishment of intelligence systems in educational systems?
This assignment consist of 2-3 page paper connecting developmentally normative behavior observed in the real world to developmental theory and research.
The Early or Middle Childhood Connection Paper must:
- Describe in detail a developmentally normative / appropriate behavior observed in a preschool or elementary school aged child in the real world. The description of these behaviors should be complete enough to be able to identify the developmentally normative nature of the behavior and should include a brief description of the social and cultural context in which the behavior occurred. (1-2 paragraphs, 2 points)
- Connect the observed behavior(s) to developmental theory. Please note that a theory is an explanation that cannot be empirically tested with a single study but unites and makes sense of many empirical observations. (1 paragraph, 3 points).
- Connect the observed behavior(s) to scholarly empirical research on development. In a couple sentences describe what the research found and how it relates to what you observed for part 1. Any research you reference must be from the last 15 years. (1 paragraph, 3 points)
- Discuss implications for practice. How might this particular stage or developmental phenomenon influence the best approach to treatment of a similar aged client? Might this aspect of a person’s developmental stage require particular adaptations of a course of treatment? Given that the observed behavior was / is normative (this is a requirement of the assignment) how might it be related to non-normative or pathological behavior? At what ages / stages might this behavior be worrisome? Why? (1 paragraph, 2 points)
This paper should be written using APA style for in-text citations and should include a reference list for each connection cited. This paper should be double-spaced in Times 12 font.