Assume you are a faculty member introducing the PPACA in a lecture to your graduate students. Develop a PowerPoint presentation in which you assess the impact of the PPACA. In your PowerPoint presentation, be sure to address the following:
- Define the PPACA and explain why it is considered necessary.
- Explain how it will change the delivery of healthcare services.
- Determine how it will affect the cost and quality of care.
- Explain the impact felt by both employers and consumers.
- Discuss how special populations (such as elderly, children, women, the homeless, and those with diseases such as HIV/AIDS) will be effected.
- Identify and explore the potential ethical ramifications.
Provide specific examples to detail your presentation.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with a minimum of seven scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 15-20 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate