The purpose of the paper is to develop a conceptual framework for studying, analyzing and comparing national health care systems. This will help to sensitize students to some of the historical, geographical, legal, cultural, political, and socio-economic factors that influence health behavior, as well as provide a comparative understanding of the main features of the nation’s health system and services. In this analysis and evaluation of another nation’s services and systems, the student should be able to examine and transfer models and experiences from one country to another.
The framework for comparing health care services and systems is as follows:
- Political/Government and Geographic Structure
- Demographic Structure and Health Status
- Organized Structure of the Health Care System
- Financing of Health Care
- Health Workforce
- Health Systems Needs and Challenges
- Management Implications
The paper should discuss specific characteristics of your chosen nation’s services and systems.
- All papers are to be typed and double spaced. The paper is to be clear and concise; does not contain errors in spelling, punctuation, or syntax. The paper must be written using the publication style of the American Psychological Association, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition, 2009. Failure to submit accurate and well written papers will result in a reduced grade.