Unit I Scholarly Activity Weight: 10% of course gradeGrading RubricDue: Monday, 02/22/2021 11:59 PM (CST)InstructionsThe Evolution of Health Information SystemsFor this assignment, you are asked to pe
Unit I Scholarly Activity
- Weight: 10% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Monday, 02/22/2021 11:59 PM (CST)
InstructionsThe Evolution of Health Information SystemsFor this assignment, you are asked to perform the tasks below.
- Describe the evolution of healthcare information management by identifying key technological advancements in each decade beginning with the 1960s. These technological advancements need to have had a direct impact on healthcare administrative and clinical functions.
- Based on your own personal views, which specific law, act, or information system development did the most to improve the management of healthcare information systems? Why do you feel this way?
- Explain the American Health Information Management Association’s (AHIMA) role and its significance in health information technology. Identify one of the health information management (HIM) certifications offered by AHIMA, and discuss an employment position that it would help a healthcare professional achieve.
Your response should be at least one page in length. You are required to utilize your textbook and one outside source to complete this assignment. Utilize the CSU Online Library as well as other credible sources to help strengthen your arguments. Make sure that you appropriately cite your sources in APA format.