This is a discussion post. Please create an initial and a reply post –
After you have read chapters 7-9 of your textbook, you have learned about different types of healthcare delivery systems used in the US. The online information on accreditation helped explained the different agencies that provide standards for accreditation. Please answer the following:
- Why is it important for performance standards to be met by healthcare facilities?
- How is reimbursement for services affected by accreditation?
- According to the Knopf (2018) article, do the different agencies have different accreditation requirements for healthcare facilities?
- Explain the purpose of a site visit.
- Your original post of 150-175 words is due by 11:59 PM, EST, Thursday of this week.
- One peer reply of 75 words is required by 11:59 PM, EST Sunday of this week.
- Before posting, check for spelling and grammatical errors. If I cannot evaluate your content, you will not receive points.
- No quotes are permitted in this course in the discussion forums; use of quotes will result in loss of points.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated. You must cite any sources you use to support your work. APA format is used in most health-related courses and professions. The SPC online library has a guide to assist you with your use of citations and referencing.
This is an important article on the reshaping of accreditation standards. Please read the article in order to answer the questions for the Module discussion assignment:
Knopf, A. (2018). Accreditation standards being reshaped for 2019: Refined missions,
integrated systems, tech standards and MAT among issues addressed by Joint
Commission, CARF and COA. Behavioral Healthcare Executive, 38(4), 22+.
Please click on the following link for information on accreditation of hospitals: