eed help with my Health & Medical question – I’m studying for my class.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Case Study: Rose|
For this discussion, assume the role of a non-physician who is trained in conducting clinical exercise testing. The following events happen on a sunny day in August: You receive a call from Jake, a personal trainer at XYZ Gym. Jake is with a client, Rose (age 26), who has decided to lose weight. She wants to start cardiorespiratory endurance training and take some group fitness classes at the gym. Rose’s goal is to work out five times per week for one hour each day to get in shape by December, as she is engaged to be married on New Year’s Eve. However, Rose has never exercised before; she has a BMI of 36 and has Type 2 Diabetes. She has a family history of cardiovascular disease. She has not seen a practitioner for 10 years, and therefore, no other health-related data is available. Jake does not feel comfortable administering an exercise test on Rose and is therefore referring the client to you. Rose does not feel she should be tested as she feels fine. She has expressed her readiness to exercise and lose some excess weight.
Given this scenario, address the following in your response:
- Analyze whether Rose should undergo clinical exercise testing. Support your decision with a clear rationale.
- Explain your role and duties to Rose, as well as your recommendation for or against clinical exercise testing. Be convincing in your explanation so that Rose fully understands your recommendations and rationale.
- Assess Rose’s potential risks and complications involved in exercising and/or exercise testing.
- Recommend a specific intensity and duration for daily exercise to Rose. State the rationale for your recommendation.
- Recommend two specific dietary changes which may aid Rose in losing weight.
Support your work with your course text and the Supervision of Exercise Testing by Nonphysicians (Links to an external site.) article. You may utilize additional resources, as desired. Your initial posting must be at least 250 to 300 words in length.
Guided Response: Respond to two peers by Day 7. Each reply should entail a minimum of 100 words and encompass a comparison of your decisions and rationale. Compare and contrast your assessment of risks and complications, as well as recommendations for exercise and dietary changes to the work of your peers.