I need an explanation for this Health & Medical question to help me study.
The graduate integrates and synthesizes competencies from across the degree program and thereby demonstrates the ability to participate in and contribute value to the chosen professional field.
For this task, you will develop the following elements for your capstone report: an introduction to your capstone, the problem you are addressing, the reason you selected your chosen topic within the field of health information management (HIM) for research or review, a literature review, and a preliminary reference list (based on your literature review). This task will help you launch your capstone, think about the rationale for your choice of topic or project, and research what others in the field of HIM have written about your chosen topic. You will then expand on your topic in this task by developing a list of professional sources. For a list of appropriate topics, see the course of study.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Develop an introduction (suggested length of 4-6 pages) for your capstone in which you do the following:
1. Describe your chosen topic within the field of HIM.
2. Explain why you chose the topic.
3. Explain why you chose your research methodology (e.g., case study, meta-analysis of data).
4. Discuss why the topic is important to the field of HIM.
B. Explain the problem (suggested length of 3–5 pages) within the field of HIM your project will address by doing the following:
Note: You may choose to refer to your sources to support your explanations.
1. Explain the problem related to your selected topic.
2. Describe background information about the problem.
3. Discuss possible causes of the problem.
4. Explain why an examination of this problem is important to the field of HIM.
C. Create a literature review by doing the following:
1. Summarize 10–15 professional sources relevant to the topic you have chosen.
2. Explain how each of the professional sources applies to the topic being investigated
3. Explain how all 10-15 sources collectively support the chosen topic.
Note: If you are referencing a source as current, it should be no older than three years.
D. Submit an email containing the completed Human Subjects FAQ Quiz, which demonstrates that you have read and understood the “Human Subjects FAQ.”
Note: Contact your course instructor if you have any questions about where to find these.
E. Assess whether the capstone proposal complies with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) standards for exemption status.
Note: If you would like your proposed project to have an IRB review, make those arrangements with your course instructor and the IRB.
F. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
G. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.