Place yourself in the role of supervisor. Using this supervisory lens, discuss, apply and synthesize what the current scholarly social work literature says about all of following content areas. Use the first person to write this paper -this is acceptable in APA format for this type of paper. Subheadings are required to organize the content. (ex. Definition, Concerns in the Supervisory Relationship, Concerns in Practice with Clients, Prevention and Management, Ethical Standards, Values Reflection). These are all main sections and would be considered first level headings per APA.
- Define the term dual relationships.
- Identify and discuss the concerns related to dual relationships in the supervisory relationship. Address concerns related to the ethical use of technology in supervisory practice. Provide specific examples.
- Identify and discuss the concerns related to dual relationships in practice with clients. Address any concerns related to the ethical use of technology in practice with clients. Provide specific examples.
- As a supervisor, what can you do to prevent these concerns? If prevention is not possible or unsuccessful, what can you do manage the situation? What are the recommended supervisory practices (e.g. ethical decision-making models, frameworks and theories) for maintaining professionalism within the supervisory relationship and how might you use these practices? How can you apply practices supported by the literature to assist your supervisees in maintaining professionalism with their clients? Be specific.
- What relevant standards from the 2017 Code of Ethics apply to this discussion? Describe how you would apply at least three of these standards when making decisions in your supervisory practice. How will you use these standards to guide your professional judgment and behavior when providing supervision to others? Provide specific examples. Include applicable standards addressing the areas of dual relationships, social work supervision, and technology. Please do not retype the whole standard in the paper, just mention and cite it. Make sure to explain in your own words why these are relevant standards and how you would apply then in supervisory practice.
- Reflect on your personal values and the alignment with social work values as described in the 2017 NASW Code of Ethics (ex. service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, competence). Explain in detail how your personal and professional values will assist you in maintaining your professionalism in social work practice, as a supervisor, and as a participant on an inter-professional team (in other words, with team members who are not social workers). Describe how you would limit the influence of personal values that may be incongruent with social work values.
This 8-10-page paper requires a minimum of six scholarly sources that address the social work profession. At least three of these sources must be different from the articles assigned for reading in the course. Scholarly writing in the School of Social Work requires the accurate use of APA 6th Edition. Students must use Times New Roman 12-point font. An abstract is not required for this assignment.