The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment:
- Subprime Mortgage Meltdown (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280529199_HSBC_Lending_Decisions_and_SubPrime_Mortgages)
- Predictive Analytics Guide (http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/predictive_analytics.php)
DDS, BI, business analytics, and predictive analytics overlap from a business applications perspective; yet, they are different from one another in their underlying methodologies and technologies. It is critical to understand the similarities and differences among those concepts.
Imagine that you are a CFO of a regional bank that has had exposure to subprime mortgage. You need to understand how to use Decision Support Systems (DSS), Business Intelligence (BI), business analytics, and predictive analytics to ensure that your bank has the right risk management practice to prevent any significant damage from subprime mortgage or other risky asset or investment.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences among DDS, BI, business analytics, and predictive analytics in terms of their respective business scope and origins / histories.
- Compare and contrast the methodologies used in DDS, BI, business analytics, and predictive analytics.
- Compare and contrast the technologies used in DDS, BI, business analytics, and predictive analytics.
- Use the subprime mortgage as an example and explain how you would use DDS, BI, business analytics, and predictive analytics to ensure that your company can make profits from its investment and control risks at the same time.
- Evaluate the capabilities of DSS in your dealing with subprime mortgage. Propose how you would use the four (4) capabilities of DSS to improve your overall strategy for risk management.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe decision support systems (DSS) in the context of managerial decision making.
- Compare and contrast DSS modeling techniques and analysis.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in data mining.
- Write clearly and concisely about Decision Support and Business Intelligence topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.