Based on the chapter reading for this week, in a 3-5 page paper, please discuss the following:
- Discuss the speed of airfreight transportation in terms of its line-haul and accessorial service.
- Why is the reliability of airfreight transportation somewhat problematic?
- How do truckload operations differ from less-than-truckload operations?
- How do speed limits and hours-of-service rules potentially affect motor carrier service?
- Discuss the drawbacks to rail transportation.
- Discuss the positive attributes of inland water transportation.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.