Applied Learning Assignment (ALA): Current Events – Application
ALA (E) – Current Events – Applied Learning Assignment (ALA) Graduate
Each student is to research a current event (no more than three  years old) that is related to one or more of the Course Learning Outcomes (CLO) listed in your University Policies. You should use academic sources (the Internet, electronic news agencies or journals) to research the current event. An analysis should be conducted on your researched current event (related to one or more CLOs). Each student must create 4 PowerPoint (PowerPoint) slides that includes:
- State the CLO(s) selected to address
- A summary of the current event (bullet points on the slide & details in the Speaker Notes)
- A brief statement about the relationship of the current event to the identified CLO(s)
- State, as a manager, how would you apply what you have learned from your research to an organization.
- Include an industry example demonstrating the application of your researched current event
- Title your PowerPoint document “Current Event to CLO”
- Post your PowerPoint slides for grading (NOTE: include these slides in your final CLA2 PowerPoint)
- The grade for this ALA (E) will be reflected in your final CLA2 PowerPoint grade.
- Part of the grade will be based on the timeliness of your submission due this current week.
Note: It is expected that you complete this assignment during this current week and submit your slide(s) in the appropriate GAP location by Sunday 11:59 p.m.
Do not forget to include your “Current Event to CLO” slides in your final CLA2 PowerPoint due in Week 8.
Provide your explanations and definitions in detail and be precise. Comment on your findings. Provide references for content when necessary. Provide your work in detail and explain in your own words. Support your statements with peer-reviewed in-text citation(s) and reference(s).