Read Case 3: Altex Corporation in the case study section of your text. Write a summary of the case and answer the following questions from the end of the case.
- Why was a risk management plan considered unnecessary?
- Should risk management planning be performed in the proposal stage or after contract award, assuming that it must be done?
- Does the customer have the right to expect the contractor to perform risk analysis and develop a risk management plan if it is not called out as part of the contractual statement of work?
- Would Altex have been more interested in developing a risk management plan if the project were funded entirely from within?
- How might the Army have responded if they were presented with a risk management plan early during the R&D activities?
- Can risk management planning be justified on almost all programs and projects?
Your paper must be two- to four- pages in length (not including title and reference pages), doubled spaced, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved style guide. A minimum of two sources, including the text, must be used to complete this assignment.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.