Effective parent and community involvement in a school setting does not just happen—it requires effort on the part of the school staff to first establish good relationships with parents and the community and then requires additional effort to maintain and improve these relationships. This is a necessary task for schools to attend to. Good parent and community relations make for a better school experience for everyone connected to the school.
For your final assignment in this course, you will create a parent and community involvement plan. Your plan should be ten to twelve pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. Be sure to include a minimum of five scholarly sources (not including your textbook), cited and referenced in APA style, that support your ideas.
Your plan should address the following items:
1. Describe a philosophy of the plan. Why you are creating this involvement plan?
2. Describe aims of the plan. What you intend to do?
3. Describe goals of the plan. What you intend to accomplish?
4. Describe school resources to implement the plan. Include personnel, materials, and funding.
5. Explain the student role in the plan. What will they be doing?
6. Explain the parent role in the plan. What they will be doing?
7. Explain the role of other community members/organizations in the plan. What will they be doing?
8. Explain actions to gain support for the plan. How will you create and engage support?
9. Explain events to gain support for the plan; include events to gain parent participation and community attendance.
10. Explain how you will evaluate the plan and criteria for success.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
See full work attached.