Research areas of wired and wireless communications. Carry your research even further as needed into wired and wireless communications and prepare a detailed paper in as many pages as needed to help your friend, John with the following tasks:
Prepare for John a literature review using a minimum of “3” academic sources of research so he understands concepts and theory associated with wired and wireless network telecommunications and then help john with the design of a wired and wireless network with knowledge to help him keep these networks secure. Below are specific tasks John’s needs help with.
- Design an Ethernet network to connect a single client PC to a single server. The two devices are 410 feet apart. They need to communicate at 800 Mbps. Your design will specify the locations of switches and the transmission line between the switches. Also help show john how to add another client next to the first client. This client will also communicate with the server and will also need 800 Mbps in transmission speed. Again, it is important that you show john how your design will specify the locations of switches and the transmission line between the switches.
- Furthermore, your friend, John, is interested in installing a wireless LAN in his small business. He has about a dozen employees. John’s business is in one-story building that is a square and has access points in each corner and one access point in the center of the square and all access points can hear one another. John wants you to show him how to assign access point channels to the five access points using 802.11g where no one access point that can hear each other uses the same channel. Available channels are 1, 6, and 11.
- John is also concerned about security so explain what security threats he is facing and how he can reduce these threats within is wired and wireless LAN using flow diagrams showing the process of security.
Important Note: It is highly recommended that any student in areas of computer and information technology have access to drawing software. These software packages may include Microsoft Visio or Smart Draw. In the short term, Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, and 2013 includes SmartArt tools which can be useful to prepare diagrams.
- Paper will need to include an APA cover page.
- Paper will need to include a 100 to 150 word abstract.
- Paper will need to be a as many pages as needed to help John with his networking needs, but it should have no less than 2,000 words, not including the cover page, abstract, and reference page.
- Paper will need to be supported with a minimum of three academic resources, one of which can be the textbook.
- Paper will include network diagrams of the Ethernet network after the literature review.
- Paper will include network diagrams of the wireless network after the literature review.
- Paper will include flow diagrams to demonstrate the process of security.
- Paper will need to follow all general formatting to meet APA standards of professional writing and research documentation including a complete reference page.