Misleading Food Advertisement Presentation Research Presentation
Misleading Food Advertisement Presentation
This assignment is a fact finding research on false and misleading food labeling and advertising. Many major companies, including food manufacturers and restaurants continue to confuse or defraud consumers about the health effects, ingredients, or “natural”-ness of their products.
Your presentation will be judged on how well you succeed in producing a well thought out, clear research that shows you can interpret and intelligently discuss the issue and how well you can backup your findings with evidence.
Create a PowerPoint presentation, your research presentation must include one of each the following categories and prior approval from faculty to avoid duplication;
- Restaurant, preferably one that you currently patronize
- Grocery Store
– SUGAR FREE CANDY
- Television, magazine, or billboard advertisement
- Analyze and explain the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating. Address the following;
- Describe the risks associated with excess body fat.
- Discuss at least five factors that influence the obesity epidemic.
- Assess the various techniques for measuring body fat.
- Explain the various strategies for weight loss.
- What are some health problems associated with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder? Explain how each of the eating disorders mentioned may lead to health problems. What are the treatment options for these disorders?
Include pictures, artwork, to support your thoughts, references with citations in APA format.
Must present in class