This week, you will take an in-depth look at the treatment of a special population. For this assignment, prepare a presentation about an evidenced-based practice, which includes treatment protocols that have been researched and found to be efficacious for a particular group of offenders. The audience for this presentation will be mental health practitioners and administrators. You may use the special population you have selected for your Signature Assignment, or you may pick another population of interest for this week’s assignment.
Specifically, your presentation must include the following:
- Information about offender group to be helped.
- Overview of evidence-based practice treatment program.
- Explanation of basic skills or knowledge necessary to implement this program effectively.
- Discussion of research related to the efficacy of the program.
- Any issues related to utilizing this treatment program in a forensic setting.
Support your presentation with at least two sources from peer-reviewed journal articles.
Length: 7-10 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 100–150 words for each slide
Create a professional presentation that incorporates appropriate animations, transitions, graphics, and speaker notes. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists. Be sure to add a reference slide or transition for all the references you use.