The System Design Document (SDD) describes the high-level system design and the low-level detailed design specifications from which a system is built. As part of the security development team, this document provides the information necessary in designing and implementing a system.
Create a system design document making sure to:
- Describe the design goals and considerations.
- Provide a high-level overview of the system architecture.
- Describe the data design associated with the system.
- Describe the human-machine interface and operational scenarios.
- Design a drawing appropriate for implementation. The high-level system design should be further decomposed into low-level detailed design specifications for each system component, including hardware, internal communications, software, system integrity controls, and external interfaces.