University City Fire Rescue has been tasked with updating and creating a formal mutual aid contract in response to a request from a neighboring fire department, across from University City River, in a neighboring state. Review Articles V and VI of the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) legislation, Public Law 104-321. To do this, click on the following link: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-104publ321/pdf/PLAW-104publ321.pdf
Review the potential legal ramifications of entering a compact and providing service or support to a neighboring state. Write a report about the possible issues and how they should be addressed. Include the following topics in your report.
- Describe what legal liability risks your agency might incur when constructing a mutual aid contract.
- If you had an agreement in place before the EMAC legislation was established, how might this legislation change the agreement?
- Describe the legal aspects of mutual aid contracts.
- Describe the components of a valid contract.
- What limits should you establish for providing emergency medical services across the state line?
- What would you be sure to cover in your contract?
- Make certain to address each issue from the perspective of an agency providing aid and an agency receiving aid.
Your report should be at least two pages in length. Other than the legislation mentioned, you are required to use your textbook and at least one other outside source for your report. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations and be cited per APA guidelines.