Comprehensive Learning Assessment (CLA 1) In Week 4 students are to write a 6-8 page minimum APA formatted paper in response to a case study or similar assignment provided by the professor. Students must reference at least 8 sources beyond the course materials. Students’ answers are to be clear, well- organized, and specific. Provide a concise, cogent argument and include details to support your response. CLA 1 focuses on assessing course foundations and the student’s ability to define and understand its main concepts. CLA 1 Comprehensive Learning Assessment – CLO 1, CLO 2, CLO 3 CLA 1 Comprehensive Learning Assessment – CLO 1, CLO 2, CLO 3
This CLA1 requires that you define what are the systems of resistance, and provide some
understanding by answering the following questions:
1. What symptoms of resistance to change have you experienced? Have you experienced
both active and passive forms? Have you experienced them as a resistor yourself (as a
recipient of change)? Have you experienced them as someone responsible for the
management of change (as an initiator of change)?
2. Which of the various reasons for resisting change do you believe to be the most
common? What are your “top three” in this regard?
3. Which of the various reasons for resisting change do you believe to be the most difficult
to deal with (as a manager)? What are your “top three” in this regard?
4. When senior managers resist change at the strategic level, they are in a position to
cause more damage than employees resisting changes at the operational level. Have
you worked in a company where you believe that management resistance to change
may have existed? As a manager yourself, what would you try to do to prevent this from
5. Which approach to the management of resistance attracts you? What is the reason for
your choice? For example, is it because you think it to be the most effective or does it
also relate to a view that you have about how people should be managed?