Topic:Analysis of the case presentedType of paper:Case studyDiscipline:Business and ManagementFormat or citation style:APAPages: 6
This assignment consist of reading a case study that I will send you and then write a double spaced paper responding to the questions related to the case that I will also send you attached. The questions have to be answered in a ANALYTICAL form, not just stating facts. if you have any questions please let me know
3. INDIVIDUAL CASE ANALYSIS (150 Points)
Please answer the following questions relating to the Steinberg case:
• Why has Steinberg’s been successful?
• Why, out of all of the immigrants in Montreal, was Sam able to create this enterprise?
• What does “success” mean to Sam Steinberg?
• What role has the family played in the success of Steinberg’s?
• Are there any negatives to the family nature of the enterprise?
• Many family businesses are unable to succeed in the transition to a new generation of ownership. Was the transition from Ida to Sam successful? What made it so?
• What are the family’s values, and how do they impact the business?
• Now that Steinberg’s is a public company, is it still a family business?
• Why does the overlap between the business and family seem relatively minor and benign?
• What should Sam have done to better prepare the company and the family for the challenges they now face?
• What issues does the succession question raise?
• Who should Sam select as a successor?
• What do you think Sam’s goals/criteria are in this process?
• What should Sam’s goals be?
• Should the outside directors play a role in the selection? What should that role be?
• If he picks Mel, how should he explain/rationalize this choice to the non-family executives?
• What do you predict for the company in the next two decades?
This case analysis should not exceed eight(8) pages double-spaced excluding exhibits and appendices.