PROMPT: Selecting a recent terror event, one occurring with the last five (5) years, examine the practicality of the terror management theory (TMT).
- In the opening of this paper, provide an overview of the TMT, noting the critical aspects of the theory, to demonstrate a clear understanding of what the theory is and how it can be applied in various circumstances.
- Next, explore your selected terror event, discussing the ways in which the TMT might be applied to improving the understanding of the survivors’ coping and recovery following the terror event.
- In addressing the applicability of the TMT to the selected event, consider the survivors’ cognitive, social, cultural, and intellectual conditions as factors of influence that might skew perceptions of death and survival.
- Discuss, with detail and clear examination of the available scholarly resources, why these factors should be examined in the discussion and how, or if, they affect disaster behavioral health outcomes.
- As wrapping the paper, briefly discuss the appropriateness of the use of the TMT as it compares to other theories attempting to rationalize survivor thoughts and behaviors following terror events.
- Select a single theory upon which you will make the contrast, clearly identifying the foundational tenants of the theory, making a solid case for which theory is most appropriate.
TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 FONT
4 to 4 in a half pages in length, not including required cover and Reference pages.
SUMMARIZE IN OWN WORDS/JUST A FEW IN TEXT CITATIONS AT ALL
NO GRAMMAR ISSUES/NO ERRORS
3-4 CREDIBLE SCHOLARLY SOURCES REFERENCES FOR PAPER
*****YOU will accurately defines TMT and provides appropriate, practical applications for TMT.
*****YOU will identifies a specific terror event and the use of TMT to understand survivors’ process of coping. Details of individual differences are assessed to the extent that they affect the total behavioral health outcome. Quality resources and information are included to support the section.
*****YOU will includes a coherent, inclusive discussion in which TMT is compared to another theory examining survivor coping and response following terror events.
*****Work is presented in a logical and coherent way. Writing is clear, articulate, and error free. APA FORMAT is used correctly in all element.