Develop cooperative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families
Select one of the case studies below, and include discussion of your strategy for winning the patients cooperation while teaching concepts concerning pathological states to them and their families.
- Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
- Cite at least three sources; journal articles, textbooks or evidenced-based websites to support the content.
- All sources must be within five years.
- Do not use .com, Wikipedia, or up-to-date, etc., for your sources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
- Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
Case Study 3
Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Amanda is an 18-year-old with anorexia nervosa. She was recently admitted to an eating disorders clinic with a BMI of 13.9, and although she was a voluntary patient, she was reluctant about the treatment. She was convinced she was overweight because her clothes felt tight on her. She complained that even her hands and feet “were fat.” One of her nurses explained that a protein in her blood was low. The nurse further explained that, as difficult as it may be to believe, eating a normal healthy diet would make the “fat hands and feet” go away.
- What protein do you suspect the nurse was referring to? How would a deficiency in this protein contribute to edema?
- What is the difference between the physiology of pitting and nonpitting edema?
- Because of her weakened condition, Amanda was moved around the ward in a wheelchair when she was not on bed rest. How does this affect her edematous tissues?
PLEASE BE SURE TO DO 4 PAGES OF COMPLETE ORIGINAL WORK FREE OF PLAGIARISM AND ADD TITILE AND REFERENCE PAGE TO MAKE 6 PAGES TOTAL THANKS